Friday, January 2, 2009

My Special Gift....



...this year~minus the gift of Disney was from my sister Beth! Everyone knows that I absolutely love receipe books. My oldest one is an orginal Betty Crocker hardcover cook book and now my newest is what Beth got me (or actually US) She painslessly labored over a "Day in the Life" of her mother, otherwise known as Grandma PokaDot, making a rhubarb pie. (One of our faves)
The title is From Mother's Hands. Beth took pictures one day this summer of her mother making this pie from scratch. Although there are pictures of Grandma PokaDot, I love the ones of "just her hands." They are mixing, rolling, cutting, seperating egg yokes. They are dusted white w/flour with alot of arthritis mixed in. But that is what makes thoses hands so special! These hands are always serving, loving, knitting, gardening and ever so soft! These hands have loved me as her own daughter these 32 yrs and I am a better person b/c of who they are attached to!

So thanks Beth, you had no idea how much I love cook books. Large, small, hardcover, paperback, home-proof, and elegant dinner style, beautiful covers, simple covers... this one tops them all!!! I decided to start displaying them on my counter after this move, so the new year will have to start w/my newest edition!

No comments: