Sunday, November 30, 2008
The living room was leaning toward a nativity theme, so I went w/it. Everything was looking good! The snap part came when I finished the top of the
TV cabinet w/a wooden nativity set and candles. I stepped back to look at the finished project but stepped back to far.... YOU SEE, I was on a 2-tiered step ladder and immediately fell! No, I did not hear a snap but the doctor at church said that I either stretched a tendon or broke some small bones in the wrist!
But our tiny abode looks good! Steve must of wanted to go for a ride around town b/c he offered to take me to the ER but I talked him out of it.
As I type or should I say peck out this blog (it has taken me nearly 45 mins. to do this) I am wearing a sturdy brace and must wait, per docs order, for 3 more days to see it the pain subsides. If it does, then a simple sprain occurred...if not, it's more serious. Pray for the simple sprain!
Ta-ta for now! Joy!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
...THIS couple was sent by God back to their original roots in the great state of Ohio! Why, after 27 yrs away did God send them back to where they started? The answer was quite simple, it was a blessing that God never wanted them to forget.
...THIS land, called Ohio, was as far away from The Land of Ungratefulness and Rude as it possibly could be. Mind you, not everyone in this foreign land were unkind or rude, but when you are attacked from every angle, you feel like a stranger in the land of the living. The couple could not stop saying "It's so nice here." Although they only lived in the foreign land for 10 months, the culture shock was unmistakeably bold and refreshing. The man of this home once again had a sparkle in his eye to serve others again. The woman of same household was stress-free in watching her best friend enjoying life!
....THERE was a place who chose to call them out of the foreign land, called Grace Point. Grace Point was like a knight in shining armor, racing in to draw this couple out of the land of doom. They were rescued in such a way, Grace Point will never know, that their action of prayer and calling out for wisdom truly was an heroic deed called down from above.
....THEREFORE this couple would like to express their thankfulness during this holiday season for the generous love and devotion from this body called Grace Point. To it's staff and elders who govern and lead others to worship, to the community as a whole. They will always be indebted to the Holy God who reigns on high for His grace, mercy and blessings that led them to Grace Point.
All our love and thanksgiving!!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Today our pastor shared a tradition that the settlers did every year for their Thanksgiving feast. Each plate would hold 5 kernels of corn and each person had to be thankful for 5 things. Of course many of their first winters in the new land were so hard that many people only got 5 kernels of corn per meal.
So Terry continued on his quest to help us seek our 5 Kernels of Corn...PALMS 103 talks about the provisions of God.
Kernel #1...Forgiveness of all my sins (V3) In the book of Micah 7:19 it talks about how God throws our sin into the depths of the sea. Well, the sea, at it's deepest point is 6.5 miles. If the largest ocean liner was cast into this depth, and reached the very bottom, it would be CRUSHED in one mighty blow, kinda like we can crush an egg shell. SO if God throws our sin into this depth and the power of the sea can exhibit that much "crunch" then WHY DO I take some of those sins back? They are gone, forgiven!!! O SOUL ARE YOU WEIRED AND TROUBLED, NO LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS YOU SEE...
Kernel #2...Healing (V3) healing of all our diseases. What did David mean by this? B/C , you see, if healing is performed, then my dad, Craig, Jason, our 1st daughter, Frank and others would be healed and living among us. Could David be talking about his soul and the disease within it? Yeah. Disease of selfishness, sin, greed, pride (do I go on?) THERE'S LIGHT IN A LOOK AT THE SAVIOR....
Kernel #3...Redemption (V4) my soul has value in God's sight, so you are valued too. In God's sight as He sees Christ on the cross.,("the pit of eternity and the pit we create.") God choose to redeem us and save us from choosing the pits we create. AND LIFE MORE ABUNDANT AND FREE....
Kernel #4...Love and Compassion (V4) do not ever forget that God has crowned you! He crowned you b/c you are special b/c of His love for you, not for what you have done. TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS, LOOK FULL IN HIS WONDERFUL FACE......
Kernel #5...Satisfied and Renewed (V5) God wants to give us the best of the best, but we fill ourselves w/stuffing's that do not last. And when we give ourselves over to God completely (remembering that our sins are forgiven/crushed) we become renewed, youthful, more trusting and more willing to obey. AND THE THINGS OF EARTH WILL GROW STRANGELY DIM IN THE LIGHT OF HIS GLORY AND GRACE....
Saturday, November 22, 2008
HAPPY FACE: b/c our Ohio State Buckeyes won, actually they spanked Michigan Wolverines for the 5th straight season!! (a record)
SAD FACE: on lots of Michigan fans and on the face of Bob Greise (ABC Commentator) Dear Bob always gets to MC this game , maybe b/c his son use to play for Michigan. But today he was really puttin it on thick.
Let's see, after we were up 14-7 in the 2nd quarter, good ole Bob speaks up with this wonderful, amazing thought provoking line "If it wasn't for Beenie Wells and his touchdowns and the awesome run of their quarterback Pryor, Ohio State would have nothing!" Now that was profound! At the end of the game, Coach Tressel puts in the senior quarterback (Boeckman) who hasn't played much this year due to the amazing ability of a freshman QB.....Coach puts in the senior so he can say he played against Michigan and won! Great idea since we were ahead 35-7!
Dear ole Bob G. makes another profund statement....."I like and respect Coach Tressel but I don't like the fact that he didn't played his senior QB for the whole game." Duhhhh! Dear Bob....the purpose of any game is to win and you use your strongest players! I think dear Bob was upset that his team did not win-AGAIN!
My fav Buckeye, #33, wore a new verse on his eyes today....John17:1 which states (Jesus speaking right before He went to the cross) "Father, the time has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You." Now that is real cool! The thing is he does practice what he puts on his game face.
"Hit them hard and see how they fall, never let that team get the ball. Hail, hail, the gangs all here, so let's send out a mighty cheer."
So in step w/this victory song, let's hit'em hard and watch'em fall.....(temptation/sin/ whatever snares you) Wake up, pay attention we are all here... (because we, as believers, are standing united and strong, lifting each other up) sending out a mighty cheer...(can you hear us?)
Football is great but life is much greater! I hope your Sunday is spent in a heartfelt worship to a Holy God. I hope you lift up others today, strangers, friends, family b/c we have no idea what others are going thru. And I hope you know that when you are going thru a storm in life that others around you...strangers, family, friends are supporting you in prayer whch should give you courage to go forward to VICTORY!
PS....we had a great time watching the game today w/my mother! Thanks mom, We love you!
Friday, November 21, 2008
....it is now 11:31pm Friday, November 21, 2008
There are only 11 hours and 29 minutes before the BDBITL from Ohio breaks out with, "HANG ON SLOOPY!" and if all goes well.....in just 15 hours you will hear screaming and celebrating coming from Ohio and Georgia and Misissippi (Shana/Bill, Jill/Warren, Erin/Chad) as we have just beaten that state to the north of us known as ....(shhhh)...michigan .
So many of us out here in blooger land are rooting for our Buckeyes! Buckeyes are everywhere and soon some Buckeyes I know will be transported to Japan....yeah Alexis!!!
I will end with a famous saying that Steve and I re-vamped for our granddaughters:
Michigan *stinks* (word changed to protect the innocent)
Pee-hewwww! (HOLD YOUR NOSE AS YOU SAY THIS PART OF THE CHANT)
Gotta love football!!!!!!!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new E-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they Apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper, I love making a pretty package!
2. Real tree or Artificial? ARTIFICAL, as a child we always had a live tree, but then again, I always had bronchitius! In my mid-30's I found out I am severly allergic to PINE! yep!
3. When do you put up the tree? Always the day after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's...or soon after, yep me to MaryBea
5. Do you like eggnog? Kinda...I can take or leave it... me too MaryBea!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My ice skates and bike
7. Hardest person to buy for? Steve b/c all he ever wants is golf stuff!
8. Easiest person to buy for? THE GRANDDAUGHTERS!!!!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 14...I like to collect them... (ME TOO MaryBea)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? The annual Christmas letter w/family photo attached....THE ONE TIME OF THE YEAR, where my family KNOWS momma wants it this way!!! So out comes the matching shirts, or perfect scene...of course, the scene has to be different every year!!! I love creating!!!!!!!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? CAN'T remember but I can tell you that I dislike ANYTHING W/FRILLS OR LACE-yuck-o!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life...my very favorite too MaryBea!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? already started
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes, and I am not telling what it was or to whom received it! ;)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? everything on the table! I am so thankful that every year it has been a feast at our table, when so many are hungry. (this is not to say that we have not fed those in need b/c we have)
16. Lights on the tree? Are there people who like a naked tree? I certainly hope not MryBea....my answer is white lights- tons of white lights!!
17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Having lived from Texas to Georgia, we have done both! Just don't care to drive on THE DAY! Did that once and there is nothing opened on the highway!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Gosh yes! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixin, Comit, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen. (Kim, you forgot the most famous reindeer of all...duh!!) DITTOS MB!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? prefer a star, but have had trumpets before.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We always drew names w/our girls for a family present and then opened that present on Christmas Eve after the Christmas Story from Luke (NT)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? (Trying to find the aisle they moved all the regular stuff to in Walmart to make room for the Christmas decorations!) Good one, Kim...Kim, I do not know you but I have to agree! BUT #1 ON MY LIST IS: the rudeness/selfishness of people this time of year...I hate the hussle bussle of things when that stuff is not the important part of the season!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have 2 trees...#1 is my snowman tree that ususally sits in my kitchen (but since apt life is our choosen abode, I have to figure space into this years decorations) #2 is my other theme tree....it is filled w/white lights, gold and crimson ornaments, one Ohio State ornament that always takes center stage every year and then the rest of the tree is filled w/the NAMES OF JESUS (MY FAVORITE ORNAMENTS-20 TOTAL)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? EVERYTHING except the gizzard!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace! (TEEHHEE) SERIOUSLY, an enjoyable time relaxing w/our 2 daughters, 2 sons 3 grands and Beth and Gene!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Shana or Ronnie
27. Who is most likely NOT to respond to this? whoever does not have time!
28. Fondest family tradition? Visiting family members on Christmas Eve, and then (when I was much younger) going to my DeeDee's house on Christmas day for dinner w/cousins as such.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
....w/the economy becoming tighter and environmental concerns...please note this east holiday gift giving idea! (THANKS Denise)
These slippers are: soft and hygienic, non-slip grip strip soles, built-in deodorant feature keeping feet smelling fresh all day, no more bending over to "mop up spills", disposable and biodegradable, evironmentally safe, 3 convenient sizes: (SM) light, (Med) regular and (XLG) get out the sandbags.
Of course optional decorations for the top of slipper which makes this a great gift all year round!
Happy Holidays Everyone! (LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE)