Monday, September 22, 2008

Sports....

....what a great way to spend a weekend w/your dearest friend!

Saturday was spent munching on cheesball & tortilla chips~my food of choice with Steve loving every bite of his (Ohio made) Conn's Potato Chips and cream cheese.....as we watched The Ohio State Buckeyes win another game...w/a first time ever freshman quarterback and center...and w/o Beenie Wells.
Score 28-10! The sweet smell of victory!

We also was rooting for Univ of TN against those Gators, and inside I was rooting for LSU against Auburn! Two out of 3 games weren't bad...and since we loved living in Tennessee, we will continue pulling for the Vols! (oh, and our son in law is an alumn from UT- that's a biggie)

Of course we can not leave out golf~ The Ryder Cup! The tourney between USA and the rest of the world (well, almost) Sunday was "game face day" for the golfing fanantics in our home (Steve and I) We enjoyed watching USA win The Ryder Cup for the first time since 1999!!!! Sweet Victory again, and they did it w/ 3 younger players and w/o Tiger Woods!!!

Steve played Jr high football and has played golf since he was 8, but Me??? I am an avid sports watcher!!! I was born w/2 left feet and no athletic skills...but I love sports-watching!

So much so that I consider "SPORTS-WATCHING" a sport all to it's own! I mean, I prepare for the event w/great food, I am energized for the competition at hand and I am the best ever cheerleader! Ask anyone in my family, they would agree w/me. Or ask anyone sitting to my right at any sporting event. Warning: I am dangerous to those on my right!

Friday is a comin, and then another fun filled Saturday! This week I am making my sisters baked bean dip for game day.....AND we are going to the Skull Session at 10am for The Buckeyes!! Maybe I'll paint my face for that event. ;)

Joy!

No comments: