Sunday, September 14, 2008

Memory Lane...

..Can you walk down Memory Lane? Answer this question.....What song inspires you back to a place in time where you can remember EVERYTHING you were doing when that song was being played?

My daughters blog caught me in tears when she remembered her and her little sister dancing to "The Rainbow Connection" by The Muppets.(mid 1980's)

I can remember lipsinging w/motions (and my brown go-go boots) with my little sister to the Nancy Sinatra record (yes, a 78, not a CD) "These Boots are Made for Walkin".
Brenda and I would listen to this song over and over in front of the stero that sat in the dinning room....while mom and dad took a motorcycle ride. (late 1960's)

Last Friday, I spend the night w/my mother and while out at dinner I heard "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John....it took me back to my days before Christ, at The Stein! Peanut shells on the floor and a small crowded bar. A place where (just like the song) everyone knew your name. (mid 1970's)

Right after I started dating Steve, Peter Phramton sang "Show Me The Way" (1976)

Then there will always be the song that was played at our wedding..."Color My World" which was sang by a couple guys on guitar from my high school. (1976)

So CHALLENGE! Your turn now! Have fun going down that "long and winding road, that leads to your door" (Beatles 1960's) Sorry I regressed! Can you tell I love music?

No comments: