Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I remember the minute...

..the nurse said...."IT'S A GIRL" The emotions were mixed at best. B/C my husband, the father of this precious baby girl was sitting on the USS Eisenhower in the port of Norfolk, Va. The next thing I thought was, I am so sad to know that he was not here yet he was not going to see her for 6 wks. Then my next thought went back to this baby girl! I kept thinking throughout my pregnancy that I would have a boy this time around. I mean I had 2 girls so this one has to be a boy, right? Psyching out on boy clothes, boy names, boy toys didn't help. God had already chosen to give us another girly-girl! And I was very glad inside! No, overjoyed is a better word. Her name is Stephanie Jill!!!

As I was rolled out of the delivery room, the nurses station said that a call had came in for me...so right there in the hallway, my awesome godly husband was calling me! That totally made my day! I remember that the nurses all grinned when I was admitted w/labor pains of 3 mins apart, b/c most of them had seen me in the nursery area that very afternoon, visiting a friend who has just given birth. At that time I was 7 days overdue and looked every minute of those 7 days ...CAN WE SAY "ate a watermelon?"

Thanks goes out to my sister who being newly married, became my labor coach. She got to hold our baby girl right after she as born. I didn't scar her for life b/c she went on to have 2 children of her own! Thanks goes out to my parent, they were awesomely supportive to me thru the 10 wks Steve was on the ship. Thanks goes out to my brother who missed work that night to babysit Shana (age:2.5 yrs) Of course I think he secretly liked calling off of work that night!

The interesting fact about my girls, is that they were born on 2 different aunts birthdays....Shana on her late Aunt Dawn's...Jill on her Aunt Beth's!

Jill, you are a one in a million daughter. Our lives were blessed when you were breathed upon by God's design. You are everything I secretly desired 'way back then' and my expectations for your future will be everything I desired as well...b/c "for this child we prayed"....so I know your future is brighter than ever! May you breath in each and every day expecting a full portion of God's best for your life! May other see the character qualities in you and be encouraged to draw near to God.
Let your light so shine that others may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
We love you Jilly! When you were born our family became complete!

No comments: