Wednesday, March 25, 2009

They say a picture paints ...







a thousand words! Well taking a look at these 3 pictures I have to say that each one screams so much more!


One shows tranquility thru a water fall or what I call "fresh water", just the sound of it gives way to calmness.

One shows promise thru the sunlight reflections in the pond outside my house in the early morning hours, giving hope for warmer days.

One shows joy thru friendship and just the promise of God's word. (thanks Tina- I love & miss you)

My heart is torn by some prayer requests of people who are hurting tonight. One who is getting ready to face radiation/chemo for 6-7 wks....One who has not so celebrated the anniversary news of her child's cancer reality....One who is expecting a baby girl but was told the ultrasound was not what it seemed and she has already sent 2 of her children to heaven in the past 3 yrs.....One who lost her child last summer and her husband in the fall....One who is left w/3 children after her husbands battle w/cancer.
I know my part in their lives is to pray! And I do, but ya know sometimes it just doesn't seem fair? All the hurting, all the pain.
I thought about my prep time today for Sunday worship w/our kids at church. It is on John 14:1:11 "Don't let your hearts be troubled, Believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Fathers house are many mansions, if it were not true I would of told you so. I am going away to prepare a place for you. If I go away to prepare a place for you then I will come again and received you to Myself, so that where I am there you will be also." "Lord, Thomas said, "we don't know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except thru Me. If you know Me, you will also know the Father. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him."
"Lord, said Phillip, "show us the Father and that's enough for us." Jesus said to him. " Have I been among you all this time without you knowing Me Phillip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, show us the Father? Don't you believe that I am in the Father and He is in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own. The Father who lives in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me. Otherwise, believer because of the works themselves."
This scripture brought me back to fairness. I remember screaming UNFAIR when we were told our daughter had died. Unfair b/c a neighbor was doing drugs and yet her son was born healthy...unfair b/c this was our first, and I so wanted to be a mother. I am so glad God understood my screaming fit back then! He totally got it, b/c He lost His Son also.
Words like: believe....know.....told you....I am.....Father...comes....prepare....receive....you will be.
Promises of God! In a world of uncertainties, unfairness, pain and sorrow...we can count on a HUGE God to walk beside us, lift us up and carry us thru. I am so glad my Father is available 24/7!!

No comments: