Monday, February 9, 2009

The Chocolate Soup Receipe.....

Hebrews 12:2 Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith, who for the JOY set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has set down at the righthand of the throne of God.
(Did you ever think that Jesus went to the cross for pure JOY? WOW! He expressed joy as an emotion/attitude that acted itself out in love. What did He endure on the cross for each of us? How can you express pure JOY toward others? How about that neighbor who needs their walk shoveled or grass mowed?)
Chocolate Soup: recipe from Debi:
1 c. heavy whipping cream1 c. whole milk
On medium heat, bring to a simmer
Add: 1 c. milk chocolate chips
Wisk 4 minutes until blended
Add 1/4 c. coffee liqueur (Kahula, can get alcohol free)
OR 1/4 c. Nescalf Ice Java Chocolate Mocha Syrup ** this is what I use**

Wisk and Serve with pralines or pecans.
Story of Old.....(w/a moral) Yr: 2008
I had made a CHOCOLATE SOUP for Valentine's Day for years now. This year I made enough to share with our children and their families. I transport the family soup dessert up to Shana and Billie's house when I was invited to Grandparent Day at Dance Class. (2 days before Valentine's Day)
The girls were so excited to try it. I mean, there can't be anything better than soup that is CHOCOLATE~! right? Shana warms it up for for their after diner treat. The soup is a hit!
UNTIL...... KK and LB can't sleep. They are literally bouncing off the walls at bedtime. Shana and Billie cannot figure out why they are not going to sleep. I mean, after all "the moon was shining in the window to bright," "my eyes will not shut." The Bed becomes a bouncy trampoline. You name it....till 1:00 AM.....finally shut down!!!!! Then it hits Shana in the morning...it was the soup.
"Mom what do you have in this soup?" Heavy Cream, chocolate chips, 1 cup of milk.....and coffee syrup.
OMgoodness, I was so sorry! I caffeine my granddaughters into a coffee high! AUGH!

No comments: