Monday, August 27, 2007

Not/Knots...and what to do about'em

John 2 : On the 3rd day a wedding took place in Cana. Jesus’mother was there and Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding as well. When the wine ran out, Jesus’ mother told Him, “They don’t have any wine.” V4-Jesus asks her “What has this concern of yours to do with Me, woman? My hour has not yet come.” V5- “Do whatever He tells you,” His mother told the servants.

I was in charge of devotion today at work….I love God’s word but freeze when I am in front of a crowd…nevertheless, I took my turn and tried to encourage a busy group of people who work best at providing encouragement for others.

I started with a piece of ribbon. Tie it in a knot, as many knots as you have to handle today. Then I expounded on the verses above. Pointing out that Mary was in the middle of a social knot (so to speak) and what she did was interesting…She did NOT go into a frantic state, she did NOT make a list of who was to blame…she simply and quickly went to Jesus and stated the problem. When life hands us KNOTS how do we handle them? Most times, we do NOT use Mary as our example…we try to figure it out on our own. Kind of like when we use to get our shoes in a knot….b/c we were in to big a hurry to untie them. In our lives it is so much easier to have that pity-party, anything else but the solution. Mary went to Jesus “I have a knot, fix it Jesus.” Moral of this story…give all your knots to Jesus. You still have to untie them but you will untie them in a calmer manner.

And remember this….the Bible states 365 “Do Not Fear’s” ..that is one for each day of the year!!! How cool is our Lord that He provided His word to give us power every day of the year.

No comments: