Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Decision Time....

I had to make a decision, take vacation days to babysit our darling grands OR take vacation days to enjoy my 35th high school reunion. My daughter was sweet and said she would make other arrangements if I decided to go back home for my class reunion. Since these two occasions were only days apart, I decided to be a grandmother and enjoy the sounds of fun coming from the young eyes of our granddaughters. I would of so enjoyed connections with old friends from school but did not want to pass up a MEMORY MAKER!!!

You know the kind of memories? Ones that you talk about for years! Like the time my parents came for a surprise visit when we lived in Arkansas. Our girls were the coolest kids at school that day b/c my dad gave the girls turns on riding his motocycle to school and back that day! What a memory maker that was.

Or how about the time we let our daugthers choose having presents for Christmas or going to Disneyworld that year....they choose Disneyworld! Or the Christmas they got to spend traveling to Kitty Hawk,NC w/their Aunt Beth and Uncle Gene....then met us in Williamsburg,Va for a wonderful, sweet smelling, sight-seeing authentic colony days holiday!

Steve and I had a blast with the Grands! I had forgotten how many times you wipe faces and hands, kiss boo-boos, clean the table, fix meals, wash clothes, step over toys, read books, NOT watch the news, tell stories, say prayers, kiss goodnight with little children! (We have several styles of kisses we have to give each girl before bedtime...i.e. butterfly, eskimo, the famous chin kiss, sorberts, etc.)

We played at a indoor play area with big blow-up slides and jumping rooms. Went shopping for a birthday present. We swam all weekend, crafted, and pretended to be on the Food Network. Waited for Sir to make his famous fried bananas and topped the time off with creating an ice cream cake in honor of Lorahbeth's upcoming birthday! JennahKay thinks, "Sir should be on Food Network but making the friend bananas didn't take long so he would have to come up with other things to cook") My compliments to the cheif! I love you Steve!!!

Steve called me this morning and said that he was so glad we had the long weekend with the girls! I totally agree. Two songs came into my mind during the weekend and when you see the pictures, you will know what I mean...

After everyone left Monday morning, I got busy and cleaned the house for a finance meeting later on, I found myself singing and recalling the memories we made. And once again, I could not bring myself to Windex the fingerprints off of my glass coffee table just yet! Maybe next week!

No comments: