Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Completeness...is it a choice?


John 16:24 .... (Jesus said) I assure you: anything you ask the Father in My name, He will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask and you will receive, that your JOY may be complete.


We read this verse and think "anything?" Well, in His will, YES! Then the next thing that pops out is "that your JOY may be complete." Well, since joy is my motto, I love it! But today as I read Beth Moore's blog and saw this verse, I now see this completeness in a different light. I have known that the "joy of completeness" is complete only b/c...In His will, our requests are answered and b/c we are in His will, then we are complete.
But how long do we stay in the joy of completeness? Is it just long enough to walk into another crisis? I agree w/Beth, we should settle in that joy for a time. Be praiseful and thankful for the answer given whether it is the answer we were hoping for or not. In other words take time to worship God in praise.
IF not, we are no different than our kids, asking for something and running away AS SOON AS they get the answer they were wanting. We have all heard teenagers say "thanks, see ya later mom", as they run out the door, w/an extra $5.00 to catch a ride with a friend to the mall.
I am going to start today to stay in that joy of answered prayer alittle longer than I have been. Sometimes, I may not like the answer but I am going to choose to stay in it just the same. Not b/c I have to, but b/c I want to enjoy completeness.

No comments: