Friday, February 2, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


Well, we had a surprise this morning. More snow! The joke yesterday was on the weather forcasters , they predicted 1-3 inches yesterday and all we had was 1/8 inch. They predicted icy-mix last night and we received 2-3 inches! My employer is great on allowing us to get to work "when we can" OR take a vacation day. I choose work b/c my vacation days will be spent visiting the grandchildren, not wasting it on a snow day. Not many made it to work today, so easy Friday!

Had a scare last night, my mother thought she broke a rib while coughing. Waiting by the phone while she was in the emergency room was tough. I prepared to go to Ohio this morning to take care of her but after giving her oxygen and taking x-rays she was sent home. Please pray for her, she is on 3 different meds right now. We are thankful there was no broken ribs. I am thankful for my brother who took off work to be with her last night. Living away from your elderly parents is so hard at times like these.

I called the granddaughters and had Shana put them on speaker phone...."Girls, DeeDee has lots of snow at her house!" Lorahbeth wanted to come up and play! I wish she could! It's hard living long distant from grandchildren too! Now I know what my parents felt like with us always living away from them.

No comments: