Friday, March 2, 2007

....dreamin....


EVERY time I hear the song by Martina McBride titled, In My Daughter’s Eyes, I start dreamin about my girls. IF I had a voice like Martina’s or better yet, my daughters, I would love to sing it at church, in the town square, or maybe in a restaurant.
But nay nay!
I awake to find that the only place I can sing this song is in my car or in the comfort of my home. How I would love to let the whole world know of the love and respect I carry around everyday for my daughters. How I would love to shout down the street, of the courage they always give me. In my daughter’s eyes I am a hero. I am strong and wise and I know no fear. But the truth is plain to see she was (they were) sent to rescue me, I see who I want to be…in my daughter’s eyes.
HOW I want to tell other mothers who have young ones around that they need to swallow up every minute, every hug, every tear with their children. Because one day they are going to realize how that little one will encourage and strengthen her, not as a mother but a person. My girls have proven to be godly, responsible, productive adults who make me want to be a better Christian, a better person. They amaze me with their intelligence and wisdom. (please note) I give all the praise to God my Father in Heaven!!! In my daughter’s eyes everyone is equal, darkness turns to light and the world is at peace. This miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak. I find reason to believe in my daughter’s eyes.
WHY? Because a long time ago I prayed for these girls to be apart of my live. Noted, I did not pray for daughters but I prayed for children to be in my life. Children who were going to make a difference. When she wraps her hand around my finger oh, it gives smile to my heart. Everything becomes a little clearer, I realize what life is all about. It’s hanging on when your heart has had enough, it’s giving more when you feel like giving up. I’ve seen the light it’s in my daughters eyes.
ALONG time ago I use to dream of being a wife and mother. I never desired a career or money or fancy things. Now I look at my grown daughters and sigh. I have attained everything I always wanted in life and then God gave me more! I now have 2 sons and 3 grandDAUGHTERS! In my daughter’s eyes I can see the future, a reflection of who I am and what will be. Though she’ll grow and someday leave, maybe raise a family. When I’m gone I hope you’ll see how happy she (they) made me…for I’ll be there, in my daughter’s eyes.

No comments: