Friday, February 9, 2007

"We ran and ran and ran"


Those were the words of my granddaughter when I called to ask how her first soccer practice went. We talked for about 20 minutes. She told me all about her best-bud, Griffin and how HE has black shin-guards but the store didn't have 'GIRLY-COLORS' of shin-guards so she had to take green. (shame on the sports industry that they have not created girly colors for protective wear) HaHaHa!

I told her that Sir and DeeDee will come down for one of her games but the orderly girl that she is stated "Well DeeDee, our coach said that we will have lots of practices before we play a game." "OK JennahKay, Mommy and Daddy will let us know the schedule."

"I kicked the ball into the goal!" "I got sweaty." "We drank alot of juice."

I am so glad that her first experience was a good one! My nieces, her second cousins, play soccer and that really impressed her! She loves Hannah and Rylee Jane. When I told her that their coach is their daddy, she laughed so loud! She thought that was really neat. Of course, she made plans to go see them the next time she visits Sir and I.

I can't believe that our grands are getting old enough for sports and (in the fall) dance lessons. Being a grandparents is the best thing ever!

No comments: