Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009......

Happy New Year to Everyone! As I write this I am getting ready for an 80's party! You know: big hair, scrunchie socks, jeans tucked into your socks, rockin T-shirts and glitzy jewerly (now they call it bling) Token pictures of that wild and crazy 10 yrs will be forth coming later. I was going to go pregnant but thought better of it since kids from church will be there and that might confuse some of them when they have me in class on Sunday.

This party brings back memories of the late 80's in Mesquite, Texas. Our SS class was having a party (our class had lots of parties) for New Year. Gary, a dear friend wanted to go as the New Year Baby....but his wife Deborah could not get his diaper fixed just right. All of our kids were standing around him as I strapped a cotton cloth around his waist and bathing suit.
I remember it well b/c Gary was a great laugher!!! Gary was a godly man who would witness about his Jesus anytime anywhere. He was a loud guy but when it came to him talking about his Lord, he was very humbled. Gary later died in the 90's from Aides due to blood transfusions when he was seriously wounded in Nam.
So today I remember with love and humbleness, the path of life that led us to meet and love on Gary!
And today, I am thankful again for the lives that I have blended with thru this media called "Blogging." I have met new friends and touched again w/old friends. I have met the adult friends of my daughters when they were growing up and now get to watch their childeren do the same. The girls who use to spend time in our home, picked up from activities, talked to on the phone and carpooled with their mothers.
As I have said before: This really is A Wonderful Life!

Joy for 09!

No comments: