Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What can I say, today is my birthday, celebration away!

How well I remember ages 6, 12 and 18. These were year’s filled w/lots of life to be seen.
At 20 years of age, 30 sounded so old, my memory so distinctly had me believe what I was told.
Then 21 came and I settled in. My heart was young and my mind was free. There were no worries to bother me.
I found the truest love at age 21 in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior-hey I won! And if I look back to that decision, I never regret the life choice I lived in.
At 23 yrs and ever so fun, I found my second love, whom became a reflection of the Son.
My best friend I wed just days after 23, we started a life, and soon baby made three.
At age 25 I became a mother, something I wanted to be like no other!
Again God blessed me in the year 27 with another little girl, and all I could think of was this must be heaven.

The turns and twists of life on this earth, helped me to see the plan of Mary’s birth. This plan was so obvious, played out to each degree, I am thrilled to play a part in this miracle of me. Not to toot my own horn or cause attention to me, but to let God receive all the praise and glory.

Now I am 30, that age I would not ride. But something told me there was more life inside.
In my 30’s I recognized all the wonder of age, of children, broken cars, money problems and sage. Sage, you may ask? Why sage, b/c it rhymes? No, sage is a spice that clearly defines. Sage is a taste that delights your tongue in the smallest of ways, so the 30’s gave me quite memorable days.
My children were growing both physical and spiritual, my marriage continued on a course quite traditional.

Now 40 was the era of time I enjoyed b/c life gets better as it gets explored. My daughters were growing and doing what they should, and I knew very soon an empty nest was to be our ‘hood.’
At 43 my oldest daughter wed, and now 8 yrs later I sometimes find 3 little girls in our bed.
Number 50 came in with on a cool winters breeze. Had I known I needed surgery, I would of stopped the big tease. A party I wanted to ring in 5-Ooo but rest was all I needed to restart my mo-jo.
I see myself standing at age 52, in a green gown holding my shoes. My baby is married and I am so proud, she picked the man we prayed for, and they vowed.

Tonight I stare at a big 5-5 looking back on these years with gratefulness and wonder to my Lord whom I hold so dear. So Father in heaven, I stand again amazed at Your awesome glory and give You thundering praise!
That You have chosen to give ME this gift of 55, may I be ever so watchful of my chance to stay alive. May I stand alive in Your presence, alive in this orchestrated band, alive w/my husband, daughters, sons and grands. May I use my time wisely being held in Your hand and each day keep my focus on the grander plan.
I have no idea where You lead in my future but I am ever blessed to be living this venture.

I love you, Lord Jesus, Steve, Shana, Jill, Billie, Warren, KK, LB, AA (and soon to be EG & any other grands that may sit upon my knee)

No comments: