Wednesday, December 3, 2008

That He answered.....

....Dreams are funny. They most certainly capture many things that happened through your day. Monday was a busy day. (like my sister said,
"I need 48 hrs w/o time to sleep to get everything I need done on time)
You know those days when you never sit down long enough before something else calls you to keep busy. Well that was my December 1st.

I finally get rested enough to go to sleep, I drift off into unconscienceness....till around 2am then 4am then 5:30am (my hand was banging painful throbs up my elbow) Somewhere between 5:30 and 7 I had a dream. Not the kind that Martin Luther had. I had a really bad nightmare, of which I will not go into. (honestly if I told you the dream ya'll would think I was wack-o) Nevertheless, a bad dream occured! What I noticed was half way through this BD, I called out the name of Jesus. Actually I started singing "Jesus Jesus Jesus, sweetiest name I know." And I immediately woke up!! I cannot describe how glad I was to wake up and know that it was just a dream.

As I lay there, b/c I can't go to sleep now, I immediately thought: How great it is to call out the name of Jesus and THAT HE ANSWERED!

My first email today came from Shana's best friend in Alabama. The verse she had on her email was: "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of Hosts" Jeremiah 15:16. WOW! Just what I needed this morning.

Do you call out to God and know for certain that He will answer? If I am honest, I have to say that sometimes I do not! I do not call out b/c I do not know if He will answer me. This dream and the way I called out to Him, reinstilled in me that I can be certain God will answer my cries for help, my plea for others, my meek way of asking for things, my upset attitude when things are not going well. God hears them all and He does answer. We have all heard it said that God answers 3 ways: yes, no and wait a minute! Well this morning, December 2nd, God heard my cry for help (in a dream no less) and rescued me one more time! OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!

No comments: