Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ready Set Go~

I am just sitting here listening to Selah singing “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus,” and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.” Such a calm assurance isn’t it?

I look at what I need to do to get self back on track w/my blogging and the task seems daunting enough but this music should sooth my soul and allow me to journal my thoughts once again. So I start with the last week of April 09… The biggest issue is NO PICTURES, our computer had a near miss w/a Trojan horse virus so when we cleared everything off of the computer, we thought we got every last picture off before we wiped it clean....well, that didn't happen so all of my 09 pictures are gone into cyberspace...eternal! I will not faint, OR get mad at technology!

Taking a trip w/Steve is always a pleasurable thing for me, so driving to Atlanta was refreshing. As Steve took of for his myriad of meetings at Orange Conference, I stayed put in the hotel room, secluded w/my Bible, current novel, journal/pen and the T.V. remote I started basking in quiet! Now this is vacating!

Two days of solitude and evenings w/my best friend, then Friday came! Our daughters were driving up to Atlanta so we could go shopping at IKEA. Never been there so I was looking forward to just window shopping, or so I thought. It is a huge store, w/greater prices on nice things. (Vern Kipp, gets all of his stuff for home décor there.) I bought drapes for our living room window, a bamboo plant, things for the grands and had a great lunch w/my girls. We had so much fun together!!! We came out of the store with 2 big palm trees for the girls and other sundry items they needed. I really needed that time w/them. We spent the day there (yes, it’s that big) then headed back to a Crackle Barrel to meet Steve for dinner.

I made a big deal of the picture b/c it was the first time in a long time that we ate just with our daughters. Now grown, married women, Steve and I are so proud of what they have become. After dinner, I kissed my dearest friend goodbye and started off for southern Georgia w/my girls! Jill and I arrived in Albany around 11pm and I was greeted by my sweet son, Warren, only 3 more wks till I see Steve again.

No comments: