Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Stop in May.....

My first location was Albany w/Jill & Warren. Saturday started off well and I found out we were going to a fashion show for a charity event in town. Another sweet couple w/their sweetness of a baby girl came over and w/the guys babysitting, we three girls got dressed up and went downtown for the event. I was so glad Jill wanted me to go along w/her and Ashley. We got back home and “little sweetness’ was still up, although wanting to go to sleep. I asked permission to take her back to the bedroom and rocked her gently to sleep…oh I was in heaven! How wonderful to remember the smell, panting breath and small hand on your chest as a baby sleeps in warm soft pajamas. I rocked and prayed for about an hour…the best time w/God was always w/my babies in the rocking chair.
I know “little sweetness” and myself worked out all the problems of the world that hour.

Sunday was filled w/church, good dinner and afternoon naps. It was good to see some faithful friends at church. Great to worship w/my children and enjoyed a sermon from the new pastor. Monday came and I was destined to surprise Jill by preparing dinner so she did not have to when she got home from her stressful job. So I cleaned (which is one of the things I love to do) did laundry and prepared dinner. End of another day…still missing Steve! The week went fast I was going to have 9 days w/Jill n Warren then moved onto Shana n Bill’s.

On Wednesday we went to church and supported Warren as he spoke to the youth. He can really get the message of Christ out to teens in a way that really makes them think. Then after church we went to a friend’s house that just happened to have a white lab show up on their doorstep. He had hung around for a few weeks and since J&W was thinking of a dog, well we got to meet Marley. Though not it’s real name but that’s who she looked like, Marley, from the movie a very gentle, calmer version of the movie dog I should add. We get back home and start convincing Jill that she would be a good dog to have, as long as no one has claimed her. Warren and I did a very good job of putting on the Ritz for Marley’s case!

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I had lunch w/dear friends. Let me introduce you to Roxanne, Karen, and Denise, great women of faith, encouragers, and strong ladies whom you can turn to in times of storms. I had so much fun with you all…thanks for the cherished memories!


Just finished listening to “Believe Me Now” by Steven Curtis Chapman. That’s all that God wants from us, a relationship that calls us to just believe…believe that God is in control, that God truly has out best interest at heart. Some days these are hard to comprehend…but we must listen to that still small voice that calls our hearts to His side.

No comments: