Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A New Addition....

Well, Marley became a member of the Gorman family that week. She is such a well mannered dog. It is amazing that someone would leave her behind. I heard from a dog kennel friend that in Albany over the past year (all the plant closings-economics) there were around 3500 pets left on the streets. How sad! Marley seemed to attach herself to Warren and would jump at loud sounds. She started tugging at my heart strings. The vet check up was good and she got shots needed for the moment. We figured that she had just had babies for obvious reasons and the vet agreed.

We played Wii and cards a lot! I stepped into the bedroom, every Tuesday as they entertained teenagers at a weekly Bible study in their home. I worked on my quilt, enjoyed loving on my kids and continued to be a housemaid out of pure enjoyment! Jill and I did a few mother/daughter things like: a movie, cooking at "A Pinch of Thyme", and taking the granddaughters to a pottery place to make things for Father’s Day.

Yes we babysat the grands while Shana had a photo shoot for a wedding on a beach in Florida. It was a busy weekend…and as everyone knows, I always have lots of stuff to do while babysitting. We even took the girls to a friend’s house that had children the same age and played in the huge waterworks they had set up in the backyard. We had Boy scout pancakes for b’fast and root beer floats for dessert that night. Mommy was back on Mother’s Day so after church we had a nice lunch presented to us and crowns from the grands and Auntie Jill.

Marley didn’t know what to think of all these people but I have to say she continued to be so well mannered.

No comments: