Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 Things/sayings I absolutely hate....

....I hate to use the h.a.t.e. word. (but sometimes there is no way else to describe things)
...I hate liver
...I hate the fact that people DO NOT place shopping carts ORDERLY in the cart stall in parking lots (I mean, how much time does it actually take? 3 sec.?)
...I hate cold weather (see journal note below)
...I hate the saying "Beat her like a red-headed stepchild" (for I AM one of the formentioned people)
...I hate the saying "Better to ask forgiveness than permission."
...I hate dirty hands and fingernails. (eeeck)
...I hate the saying "When momma's happy everyone's happy."
...I hate hearing husband, mother or father-in-law jokes (b/c my personal experience w/these people are great)
...I hate sit-coms that expound on the incompetent abilities of men.

NOW God hates..."6 things God hates, 7 are detestable to Him" Proverb 6:16
..arrogant eyes (thinking I am better than someone else)
..lying tongue (that was just alittle white lie)
..hands that shed innocent blood (calling someone a fool)
..a heart that plots wicked schemes (just trying to 'get back' at that person)
..feet that run to evil (going head-strong into a situtation where I should not go)
..a lying witness (lying for a friend who did wrong)
..one who stirs up trouble against his brother (stirring the poo to cause conflict in another believers life)

Now to compare my "destestables" against Gods is not even close...mine are things that I can overlook or control as a believer, but God's are life-living styles that cannot be overcomed UNLESS we yield to His calling upon our life. I think I will overlook mine and try not to be so CONSUMED w/why things don't work out the way I like them too.....then depend on God to control me to the point that I stay away from the temptations that "His hate list" makes so attractive to me at times.. I TAG you to do the same! You're it!

No comments: