Monday, November 17, 2008

I must be in....


...A SNOW GLOBE

B/C it certainly looked like it today! The first real snow of 2008/09 winter. My pastor said " Now that it has come, we can now move directly onto Spring." I love that idea!!!!!

The snow was beautiful. The flakes all made by God Himself, each one with it's unique shape and pattern fell to the ground and made a blanket covering the green green grass. All the autumn leaves were covered w/this white parchment frost of rain. They fell to the ground as if they were feather-like. They were the size of pennies gently and peacefully falling from heaven.

I had to take a walk in these glorious artworks of nature...stick out my tongue and catch as many as I could. My hair got wet from the white frosty 'cicles'....and my eyelashes caught as many flakes as the large black lapel on my coat. (glad I made all those scarves)
All in all, it was a wonderful day in central Ohio....as much as I love palm trees and beaches, today had to rate up there w/the best of the best!
Philippians 4:19 states "I have learned to be content in whatever state I am in." and I am content!
Yes, you read correctly, the girl who was born an raised in these parts, who lived in and loved warmer weather, who's blood is very pleased keeping cool on hot southern days...actually enjoyed looking out her patio window, taking the time to walk out in the middle of this huge snow globe.
Finding as I walked a new sense of wonder and excitement and when the winds would die down, desired that Jolly Green Giant to shake up the snow globe just one more time.

No comments: