Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1234..The last 2 wks went out the door...



...WOW~ they say time flys when you are having fun...and actually that is correct. The last 2 wks have been fast and fun. Let's see if I can wrap it all up in a pretty package.....
Fri, October 17,2008...Steve spent several hours w/his kindergarten (best friend for life) friend, John. My family would of been celebrating our parents 50th Wedding Anniversary, so to make the day special I emailed the older grandchildren to call their Grandma, got Jim (my brother) to meet my mom and I at our dad's graveside and we released balloons after a time of prayer. My brain pictured 4 balloons slowly drifting into the clouds as peaceful music played,kinda like a Lifetime movie presentation where all is right w/the world.... but you guessed it, NOT! A mighty wind came in and blew those balloons so fast into the atmosphere that I could not get a picture of all 4 balloons together!
Sat, October 18, 2008 we spent having breakfast w/my school friend Barb and her fiancee Glen, then onto a great day w/Steve's dad and Annie for a 4-s0me as we watched Ohio State take on another win!
Sun, October 19, 2008 was shared w/good friends over dinner at Max/Ermma's and a play titled, "Frost/Nixon" being shown in downtown Columbus. It was great to watch the reenactment of that famous interview right after Nixon had been pardoned. After all we were merely kids when the original interview took place and honestly I didn't care about politics then.
Mon, October 20th thru Thurs, 23rd kept us busy with "renter issues" on/our home in TN. Thru the turmoil of that week, we made it w/God's graces and hardly any hair loss. (although Steve did have a major headache on Thur) Locks were re-keyed and carpets cleaned and the house is ready for new renters! Yeah!
Fri, October 24, 2008 took us out to a party w/friends and the notice of COLD weather setting into central Ohio. (remember, I am a tried and true Buckeye and a fair weathered friend when it comes to 40 degrees anything! (burrrr)
Sat, October 25 was a slow day but the evening had us involved w/our youth dept at church. "REVOLT" took over the church for 3 nights in a row. We fed over 170 teens, 30 adults and 15-20 kids every night. It was great! Ryan, our youth pastor brought in a christian rock band from Nashville, "Salient" who were, well AWESOME! 4 finer band members you may never meet! The bass guitar player has played for 17 yrs and he's only 25 yrs young. I asked them what Salient meant and I was told that this word is used to describe an army who just passed over the line into enemy territory...great description of what their goal is w/teens today!
Sat night (after Revolt) took us to a party, but it was a sad one for us Buckeyes, nonetheless, we forge ahead b/c we are faithful fans of The Ohio State Buckeye Football Team!!!!Penn State usually wins by 45 pts per game so holding them to 13 pts was a win to us! So hats off PSU....we'll get you next year! Now we must focus on Michigan!
Mon-Tues October 26-27, 2008 had me sitting on the couch watching 44 degree weather (again) pass by my window, wrapped up in a furry blanket drinking hot tea and crocheting a neck scarf! Perfect day. When Steve got home, he laughed at my interruption of keeping warm when there is not a snowflake on the ground. Then I showed him the other 5 colors of yard I bought...he said " your making more than 1?" To which I replied "yes, if I'm staying warm I'm at least gonna GO OUT STYLIN!" He just grinned and walked away. (he loves it cold)
Wed, October 28, 2008 has our car trunk decorated and opened, full of candy for the annual Awana's trunk or treat night in the parking lot of our church. I will have the trunk decorated up in style, and be wearing my newest creation neck scarf (w/gloves to match-of course) handing out candy as Steve plays putt-putt w/the kids as they come by our car!
So till next time, stay warm (or cool to our friends down south), drink your tea hot or cold, enjoy your friends and family, get alittle loud watching football, be creative, serve others, and make your own "Revolt" in such a way that others see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Joy for your days~

No comments: