Monday, January 10, 2011

Stuck vs Unstuck....

I was best friends with Bonnie Gabanny; her dad was paid to manager this trailer court. The neat thing was they lived in the only house on the “court-land” so I enjoyed the spacious life of a house everyday as we played.

The best part was we got to play house with our dolls in vacant trailers. With peanut butter, wonder bread and a plastic knife in tow we enjoyed our imaginations. One day Bonnie’s dad left the large ladder propped up against the maintenance garage so we decided it would be fun to climb to the top of the garage and see what was on top or as we like to think, the wonders of the world. Bonnie went first b/c she was not as afraid as I was to get in trouble. Next it was my turn. Getting up the brave heart to start the climb I got have way up then decided to look down, my first big mistake. My fear froze my actions. I was STUCK!

There are many kinds of stuck-ness w/the God. Pastor Tom described them this way: Fear: (Jer 4:19-20) that overwhelms us. Fatigue: (V21) so very tired of whatever has been consuming us. Foolishness: ( Jer 2:25 & Jer 5:21-22) the ignorance or selfishness we determine to be “our own” and not God’s. So caught up in the world and forgetting that God said “Be in the world and not of it.” Faking it: (Jer 5:23-24) giving God mouth service and not heart service. There are times where we just go through the motions tipping our hat toward God 1 hour a week.

No comments: