Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rumplestiltskin????

?????I think I answer to that name. Life went into a tailspin after we got back from the AWESOME JOURNEY of seeing for the first time our newest granddaughter. Washington DC was a fun filled week w/family, and family was why we were there. To stand for 1.5 hrs at the international check-in and watch a ba-zillion people from all over the world meet their families, waiting to welcome our EG from Ethiopia was well worth our time.

India, China, Russia, Africa, Middle Eastern families reuniting, some maybe for the first time in years! The word family, in any language means the same. My heart cried happiness for them all! If I could I would of hugged every person and welcomed them to their individual family units. But I would of been hauled off to security and made the national headlines..."Woman hugs people to death" (or something like that)

Many languages, many tears, many smiles, hugs and kisses were exchanged and I didn't need an interperter. It made the wait for our granddaughter that much more important. See, we were not only meeting our 4th granddaughter but sharing in other peoples lives for that brief moment in time. What a privilege!

I stood w/video in hand, ready to record every minute of our first meeting w/this little Ethiopian princess. As I stood waiting, I was thinking "How does this relate to God?" Well that should of been an easy one, but I had to dig deeper into what that experience said to me about my relationship w/God.

Remember when God gave the people different languages? That meant before that time, everyone understood each other. So they got a committee together, debated and voted on building the Tower of Babel. (not really, but if they were baptist, that could of been the scenario) When God saw what they were doing, badda-bing, He created languages!

So here I am at Dulles International Airport, listening to all sorts of languages, yet I understood everything they were saying! The heart never lies. To see tears told me they had missed their families. To watch young children run thru the crowd to get to a family member told me they were in for one huge happy reunion! To observe the TONS of luggage, told me they were staying for a while and there may be presents involved. I heard no complains of long flights or waiting to get thru security measures or how much plane fares were. NONE OF THAT MATTERED. FAMILY MATTERED.

My take on this observation became quite clear, God really doesn't care about ALL THIS STUFF we carry with us...i.e. our volunteer spirit, how many years we have taught Sunday school, or how many labels we can make for ourselves. He cares about the heart. How happy am I to meet with Him daily? Do I share my minute day to day life w/Him? Am I wanting this reunion to only last a week or do I plan on spending each day as if it was my last w/Him, the Creator? Do I complain of the little tidbit items every time I meet w/Him or do I forget about "me" and concentrate on "us?"

There are days in this life where I focus all my energy on the tidbits. My eyes are not centered on God and His grace for the day. Will I ever learn to STOP doing that? Probably not on earth. ...I'm human and I fall. I do hope I am attentive enough that God knows of my love for Him and my desire to walk w/Him daily. Remember God never leaves us but rather we leave Him. Yet I wain in my desire, (confession is good for the soul) and somehow I always come back! And the amazing part is: He takes me back!

So I am back, back from a hectic life of doctors, hospitals, nursing my mother back to health. I am back from VBS set prep, visits to our children's homes, recitals and remodeling a house. And I am back to journal in the blogworld. I am going to document w/pictures life since March 2010 so I will try to catch up. If you gave up reading my blog, that's fine I would of given up on me too. If you came back , thank you.

I think I will NOT change my name to tossled Mr. Rumple....I will simply sign off as always n forever DeeDee.

No comments: