Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Handwriting....

Day 22..."To have a master and a teacher is not the same thing as being mastered and taught. Having a master and teacher means that there is someone who KNOWS me better than I know myself, who is CLOSER than a friend, and who UNDERSTANDS the remotest depths of my heart and is able to SATISFY me fully. Someone who has made me secure in the knowledge that he has met and solved all the doubts, uncertainties and problems in my mind."
Matthew 23:8

Oswald Chambers goes on to say that "the Lord never MAKES me do what He wants." But I have to admit, just like Paul, (the things I want to do I don't, and the things I don't want to do, I do) I wish sometimes He would! I told a friend the other day that I so wish sometimes I would see that proverbial handwriting on the wall...so I don't miss what God wants of me. Life when difficult, would be made so much easier if we could just have enough faith to say....Which way God? Then bingo, He would write the directions on the wall before our eyes. Is He capable, yes? Then why doesn't He? As for me, I know if I saw the written directions on the wall, I would take it for granted so much so that I would not act on my faith.

Steve was always good at helping our girls understand algebra. I mean he took major math classes in college not b/c they were prerequisites but b/c it was FUN! (AUGHH) So b/c they knew daddy loved math , they trusted he would guide them thru the formulas. What IF they just expected him to do their algebra for them every night? Their grades would be great, their piers would think they were geniuses, but where would they stand on exam day?

Same with me. My faith has to be exercised daily in order to know His will for my life. Life will give curves, slowing us down, challenging us and use us. I don't want to rely on a honest to goodness handwritten message. I want to have faith to trust NO MATTER WHAT COMES....I can handle it w/God.

Chambers suggest that God wants us in a relationship with Him were he is so easily our Master/ Teacher that we have "NO CONSCIOUS AWARENESS of it." Kinda like breathing. We breath O2 all day every day..for me that equals 20,699.5 days so far. and maybe I could count on on hand when I was even aware that I needed O2. (1 wk in hospital w/pneumonia and this past spring w/allergy attack)

What is God writing on your wall?

No comments: