Tuesday, December 22, 2009

33 yrs ago tonight...


.
..I married my husband! This day is almost over for another year....another year to start off w/my true best friend. WOOHOO! It took me a long time to find him but finally we met...kissed and that's when I melted like butter. I tried for months to talk MYSELF out of love w/this guy but I kept coming back to my gut feeling that this was the right one for me. After all the other upsets in this area of love n trust....I didn't want to get hurt again....but something kept pulling at my heart.


I didn't know then but 1.5 yrs later I figured out that GOD was tugging at me to follow my heart this time. I am so very glad I did. Steve is simply the best for me, not for anyone else...but for me he is the best. I am so thankful for his desire to keep God first in his life, thankful that he always treats me as a fine princess at the ball. When we are in a room of people, I only have to see his face and he makes me feel like I am the only one there. It was wonderful to have children with this man of God. We parented as a team and many times he took duties of the household from me so I could "just rest." We have never had lots of money but we are so rich in the areas of trust, love, confidence, family and now a couple w/adult children and being grandparents together. What a blessing!


The bumps of life along the way has only given us more of the together-strength. Loosing a child, 7 straight yrs of schooling for him, raising teens, a couple back surgeries for me, making sure we were there for every grandchilds birth, every dance recital of our own girls and now granddaughters. Cars, jobs, moves to the many states we have lived in...I could go on and on.


It is a blessing to be able (in this era of marriage life) to look into your spouses eyes and honestly say "You have always been the one. I have always been true to you."


God if You sees fit, please give us 33 more yrs together! And may all the glory go back to You. For You are the reason we are together. We will keep that triangle tight w/You at the helm.


I love you Lord and I love you Steve.

No comments: