Friday, December 4, 2009

The Lord our Protector...

V1-I raise my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? V2-My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.

My "be still" moment today was in the 2nd step of the Psalm of the Accents-Palm 121. I pondered on the parts where it states that God is our Protector. He never slumbers not sleep. He is a shelter for my right side, the sun does not strike me by day nor the moon by night. He will protect me from all harm. He will protect my coming and my going.

That kept me still for most of the afternoon. I facilitated the Psalms of the Ascents by Beth Moore, I tried to find my study guide but it's to high up in the closet for me to read what we discussed. Protector by definition means: to cover, to keep from harm. Yet I know of many who believe in the great God of Creation and have suffered loss, was not protected, was struck down by the sun. I have even experience the same things in this life. So what does it mean? Then I took time to read a blog of a mother who lost her son to cancer this past spring. It does rain on the just and unjust ....so what about this protection thing? After I read her comments today I thought differently on the subject of protection.

I know His protection is not always around us yet He is always around. The verses talk of Hm never slumbering or sleeping. Meaning He is ever awake and watching us. We want to think of protection as the exact definition but I think God wants us to know His protection is that He is ever present, ever awake, knowing and walking thru ever minute of our lives.

Read this Psalm and tell me what you think it means.

No comments: