Sunday, November 30, 2008

A time to sigh....

...and pray that I did not break any bones in my left wrist! Tis the season to decorate, and that I did all day Saturday. The day started off w/decorating the church for the Christmas season. We had so much fun decorating, that when we got back to our apt. I decided "it's a small space, I can get it done in a snap!" I fixed lunch then started pulling out my "million-man snowman" collection. What joy! I handled the obvious fact that there was "no room in the inn" for my 10' tree so I pulled out my Northern pines (3 various stage trees of which I hang my snowmen ornaments) I put them on 3 stools behind the couch and it made a nice divide between the dinning/living area, put on some festive material to cover the stools and you've got :"TIS THE SEASON."

The living room was leaning toward a nativity theme, so I went w/it. Everything was looking good! The snap part came when I finished the top of the
TV cabinet w/a wooden nativity set and candles. I stepped back to look at the finished project but stepped back to far.... YOU SEE, I was on a 2-tiered step ladder and immediately fell! No, I did not hear a snap but the doctor at church said that I either stretched a tendon or broke some small bones in the wrist!

But our tiny abode looks good! Steve must of wanted to go for a ride around town b/c he offered to take me to the ER but I talked him out of it.

As I type or should I say peck out this blog (it has taken me nearly 45 mins. to do this) I am wearing a sturdy brace and must wait, per docs order, for 3 more days to see it the pain subsides. If it does, then a simple sprain occurred...if not, it's more serious. Pray for the simple sprain!

Ta-ta for now! Joy!

No comments: