Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas memories past n present....

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new E-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they Apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper, I love making a pretty package!
2. Real tree or Artificial? ARTIFICAL, as a child we always had a live tree, but then again, I always had bronchitius! In my mid-30's I found out I am severly allergic to PINE! yep!
3. When do you put up the tree? Always the day after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's...or soon after, yep me to MaryBea
5. Do you like eggnog? Kinda...I can take or leave it... me too MaryBea!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My ice skates and bike
7. Hardest person to buy for? Steve b/c all he ever wants is golf stuff!

8. Easiest person to buy for? THE GRANDDAUGHTERS!!!!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have 14...I like to collect them... (ME TOO MaryBea)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? The annual Christmas letter w/family photo attached....THE ONE TIME OF THE YEAR, where my family KNOWS momma wants it this way!!! So out comes the matching shirts, or perfect scene...of course, the scene has to be different every year!!! I love creating!!!!!!!

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? CAN'T remember but I can tell you that I dislike ANYTHING W/FRILLS OR LACE-yuck-o!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life...my very favorite too MaryBea!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? already started

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes, and I am not telling what it was or to whom received it! ;)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? everything on the table! I am so thankful that every year it has been a feast at our table, when so many are hungry. (this is not to say that we have not fed those in need b/c we have)

16. Lights on the tree? Are there people who like a naked tree? I certainly hope not MryBea....my answer is white lights- tons of white lights!!

17. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Having lived from Texas to Georgia, we have done both! Just don't care to drive on THE DAY! Did that once and there is nothing opened on the highway!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Gosh yes! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixin, Comit, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen. (Kim, you forgot the most famous reindeer of all...duh!!) DITTOS MB!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? prefer a star, but have had trumpets before.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We always drew names w/our girls for a family present and then opened that present on Christmas Eve after the Christmas Story from Luke (NT)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? (Trying to find the aisle they moved all the regular stuff to in Walmart to make room for the Christmas decorations!) Good one, Kim...Kim, I do not know you but I have to agree! BUT #1 ON MY LIST IS: the rudeness/selfishness of people this time of year...I hate the hussle bussle of things when that stuff is not the important part of the season!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have 2 trees...#1 is my snowman tree that ususally sits in my kitchen (but since apt life is our choosen abode, I have to figure space into this years decorations) #2 is my other theme tree....it is filled w/white lights, gold and crimson ornaments, one Ohio State ornament that always takes center stage every year and then the rest of the tree is filled w/the NAMES OF JESUS (MY FAVORITE ORNAMENTS-20 TOTAL)

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? EVERYTHING except the gizzard!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace! (TEEHHEE) SERIOUSLY, an enjoyable time relaxing w/our 2 daughters, 2 sons 3 grands and Beth and Gene!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Shana or Ronnie

27. Who is most likely NOT to respond to this? whoever does not have time!

28. Fondest family tradition? Visiting family members on Christmas Eve, and then (when I was much younger) going to my DeeDee's house on Christmas day for dinner w/cousins as such.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

No comments: