Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Timing is Everything....

....people say this all the time but do they really mean it? Do you believe that you are in the right spot at this appointed time of life, even if it is a crummy situation? I mean really, sometimes timing is crap-ola. (there is really no other word for it)

Just this week our daughter and family was ALMOST to gymnastics class and got rear-ended bad! The 2 older girls sitting in the back of the van got the brunt of the shock from the suburban. A few years ago we were excited about serving alongside our other daughter and her husband in Georgia but 10 mos later we find ourselves searching for employment. A friend and his wife have gone thru some unsettling life experiences over the past few years, still together and strong but what they have gone thru , no one should have to experience so young.

Yet in each situation ( some in the present some will have to be in hind sight) we can/will see TIMING come into play.

Today I awoke with only 5 hrs sleep, drove to Newark to take my momma for more tests. After 2 hrs we hit McDee's for lunch on the go and I took her back home. I really wanted to stay awhile but my head was hurting and I was getting tired fast. I decided to get her settled and left with a hug, kiss and my cheeseburger. Half way home I called Steve to "pray me home" b/c I was so tired. I could of closed my eyes and fallen asleep driving down the road. As I get to a town w/a larger Kroger store, my mind goes to a Starbucks....maybe they have one in the Kroger store! Well my fire went out when I drove into the parking lot ....no Starbucks and I refuse to have a McDee's coffee in the middle of the day. (their coffee always taste burned)

So I drive to the end of the strip mall to turn around. I noticed an elderly lady by the trunk of her car, wailing her one free arm in the air, packages and sacks all over the pavement. I pulled up and stopped. Her fingers were caught in the trunk of her car and she said the key lock was frozen, she could not open it. I tried to pry it open but to no avail. I noticed she was going into shock so I called 911! She was 73 yrs old and her pupils were so dilated that they were as small as pen points on a page. Long story short, the EMT's came, we got her hand out, no broken bones but very very bruised. So relieved!

Timing WAS everything to her today. I am so very glad that I was tired, didn't fall asleep at the wheel, stopped for a coffee on the left side of the road instead of McDee's on the right side. So glad I didn't find a Starbucks in the Kroger store and drove all the way to the end of that strip mall. I didn't spend more time w/my mom today, b/c I was suppose to be there searching for coffee just for that ladies sake.

So the next time I find myself throwing a pity party over a unusual situtation or mad at the world for something that happened when I was NOT AT FAULT or maybe just living life as it is given to me..I want to remember this lady and the way God planned for me to be there at the right TIME.

No comments: