Wednesday, December 1, 2010

my favorite things about Christmas....

....are cards from family and friends. Having lived most of our married life away from family AND all the moves we have made thru the military and ministry we have connected and reconnected with so many thru each Christmas season. I have done Christmas newsletters with pictures for about 30 of our 34 yrs of marriage in many different forms. It is hard to correlate a years worth of living down to one page, but after many days of working thru my lunch hours I always managed to edit down to one page what I call "a wonderful life."



I am thinking that since I love this movie and I love to say to others "It really is a wonderful life" that this will be my choice for 2010.

...my favorite thing about receiving Christmas cards are the pictures that are the surprise gem inside each card. Over the years I have placed these pictured treasures into my albums with dates and ages. I love going back each year looking at their faces, remembering the life we spent together. These treasure will not rust away for they are safely tucked into my memory reminding me of those who touched our lives in such a way that we become who we are because of their addition in our lives. Love Hope Joy..these things remind me of faithful family and friends..


Love this Top Ten List...


Now who would not love to get this gem in their mailbox????



My motto is JOY, my favorite verse is John 15:11 "I have told you this so that My Joy will be in you and that your Joy will be complete."



perfect color combination...and up close pictures

this one I dubbed "Lilly" because we have a friend who's child would look so good on this card!


this one gives you the option of writing a little letter of events....love it! But after much wavering (b/c they are ALL awesome ) I have decided on the first choice....scroll back to top of page.
Shutterfly.com has amazing prices also...most are going for .90 per card. Can't beat that! So instead of a generic , but pretty Christmas card this year you have time to try SHUTTERFLY!
For your Christmas cards selection just click on:
For your Christmas PHOTO cards click on:
For the perfect Holiday card click on:
PS....I have to add that our anniversary is just 3 days before Christmas, our birthdays are exactally 10 and 7 days prior to the happy holiday...so Steve and I do not go big on presents to one another. For our 30th anniversary our daughters pulled pictures together for a SHUTTERFLY PHOTOBOOK. Oh my, to this date...my favorite present! But now I need a newer one...we have since added 2 more granddaughters and a grand dog!
PSS......
Don't forget to look at the array of gifts SHUTTERFLY.COM can do for those, "what special gift can I get Uncle Gene", moments.

No comments: