Monday, November 8, 2010

Lemons or Lemonade.....

..that is the question. Before October many times (not all times) I would choose lemons. Do you pick and choose? Why do we do that? Well to be honest, I rather liked the thought that in the action of "eating those lemons"I could compare/or understand my life w/others, I could be heard and/or noticed. I mean think about it: "Look at her, she just ate a whole bag of lemons, never made a weird face and now she has seeds growing in her belly." (sounds weird doesn't it?)

But I have done that very thing....when a hardship comes my way, I focus on it. I try to fix the problem so I can move on. I focus on it and a little pride starts to grow inside my belly. All around others say "Wow, she is so strong." Or how about this ..."No plse don't pray for me because there are so many others who need it worse than I." (sometimes humbleness is not attractive) It's not humble pie but humble pride that eats away at us.

2 Corinthians 1:10-11 talks about God raising us from the dead, how He delivered us. And because He delivered us we are joining together as believers to pray for each other. (v11) "you are joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many."

Since October I am actively choosing lemonade. Why? because I am learning that it is easy to drift from the focus of Christ through a stronghold. It either pulls me to focus on the problem more OR focus on satan. I cannot allow satan to hold my focus on the stronghold whereby strengthening himself. And then he creates another stronghold.

I choose lemonade for another reason. Some strongholds break quickly but my mental transition to adjust takes longer. Ever notice how it's a constant battle w/some strongholds? It breaks, it comes back..over and over again.

So I choose lemonade because of Rom 12:2
"Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."
I choose lemonade because of Phil 4:8
"Whatever is true...noble...right...pure...lovely...admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things."

And I can end on this note by Beth Moore: GOD IS FAR MORE INTERESTED in my relationship w/the Deliverer that w/the delivered.

No comments: