Monday, October 11, 2010

Strongholds....

...of my own making? Some! See verses: Ps 27:1 Samuel 22:2 Joel 3:16 and 2 Cor 10:3-5.

Strongholds can be negative or positive in our lives. They can be of our own making or a situation that falls onto us for no reason except it just life. David said in Psalm 27 that b/c God was his stronghold he never had to be afraid.

God is a positive stronghold, fortress, refuge in times of trouble. I have called out to Him many times in my life and as always, He answers. Just recently I called out to God as I laid face down on the carpet in my bedroom. Praying the fear I was experiencing would be washed away in the light of His glory and grace. (no, I am not about to strike out with song) After 15 mins of praying on the floor completely embraced and free w/God I got up went to bed and that ugly head of fear, unknown, spite, hurt, emptiness VANISHED!
"The Lord is my light and salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid." Ps 27:1

A definition of a negative stronghold is anything that exalts itself in our minds, pretending to be bigger and more powerful than God. (Beth Moore, Living Free)

WOW!~ I do that every time! Every time a stronghold takes possession of me, I allow it to be bigger than what I KNOW GOD IS! When B.Moore used the word PRETENDING it really woke me up. That is all these negative strongholds do....they pretend! And if their pretending is successful enough then satan (not a type-o, I never cap his name) is victorious!

So my job is to remember the God of Israel who gave me power over negative strongholds. May He be victorious!

No comments: