Thursday, November 11, 2010

The journey continues...

...and I am loving it! Could not sleep last night so I did my Thursday quite time at around 2am.
First question in study....What did you hide from as a child? (Fear) Where did you hide? (in my mind) How can a hiding place become a prison rather than protect you? (my mind made me feel safe from all the outside attacks and self esteem issues. It made a safe place for me to enter in and feel protected BUT after some time, it trapped me and instead of facing the stronghold, I automatically went to this spot of presumed safety. A place where no one knew and where I found myself to be very alone.)

The verses in 2 Cor 10:3-5 talk about these strongholds as "waging war." In a raging battle the enemy will always attack the weak first. In a spiritual war that weak spot is always our minds. Only when we strengthen our minds in Christ do we aim at the enemy and finally fight back. I am finally fighting back! I have to remember that these spiritual wars of negative strongholds were already won at THE CROSS. I realized that I have to first choose to face and acknowledge the fear within w/the truth of Christ.

The next question , How eager am I to head into battle without any weapons? (never, very silly right, of course I would never enter battle w/o protection) But many times over the years since childhood I did just that. Ephesians 6:14-18 talks about 2 powerful weapons we must take with us...the Bible and prayer. The only way I can destroy strongholds is thru God and prayer. This is not a new thought to my Christian life but it is being brought to me anew!

The over riding principal is this: to keep my focus on God and His power will prevail. Sounds so simple but that stronghold will continue to dig into the trenches and try to overpower me. I will prevail thru God.

So I am keeping my mind on Christ to the best of my human ability...standing firm in His salvation and grace. Living Free!

No comments: