Saturday, October 2, 2010

Found a poem, picked it up...

...found a poem I wrote about my momma during one of her Emergency room/hospital stays this past spring. I want to journal my thoughts as I get them so I don't forget this journey, called Alzheimer's we will be on. (so plse endure my bad-poetic license)

YET: (4-29-10)
What do I do? What can I say?
Yet, how to respond, protecting her so fray.
She is frail , yet strong. She is kind and soft.
And she will always try to right a wrong.
Her mind is like mush, yet maybe only for a time.
It hurts my heart to see her decline.
"I know that girl." yet my name she does not recall.
I'm scared to think this might be the start of it all.
Two more children is her mark in this world.
Yet as I watch her drift, she struggles to uncurl.
Uncurling from the twine of yarn n her head.
Yet, knows when to laugh as she lay in her bed.
What happens next we are not so sure.
Yet, her three children trust in God who does lure.
He holds her in His arms tonight.
Yet, it is He who offers her life.
What do I do and What can I say.
Yet to once more give her to God,
it is the only way.

No comments: