Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I am never gonna get updated..

...if I don't get busy! My time in Georgia in May 09 was even more fun when Steve got down for a week's vacation. Of course, we were not going to miss the biggest event of the season...Dance Recital! I mean, as long as we have breath in us and enough gas for the car and no elderly parent in the hospital...WE WILL NEVER MISS OUR GRANDDAUGHTERS DANCE RECITALS.

This year was themed as Aladdin and our little grands were part of the fruit stand scene and also in the ballet. They were so excited. This was KK's 2nd recital so she was the pro..but LB...well now, she was so very excited! We were quite impressed by LB's love of the stage (well, ok not that surprised, she loves acting, singing anything that has to do with the arts) Both grands held their head, hands and position of feet exactly the way they were taught. Now (Sept 09) the new year of dance has started and KK goes into her 3rd yr of dance but our LB really wanted to take on gymnastics. Again we are not surprised! That's our LB...always trying new stuff. Well if I am allowed to brag...both girls have been promoted in their classes already!

I so wish I had the pictures of the recital and the day event...but sad to say...I don't . The camera of my mind has it embedded in my memory though. That's the neat thing about living life w/your children and grands....memories- WOW!~

After the recital, that family took a quick vacation to Mississippi to see their other grandparents...and we headed back to Jill n Warren's for a few more days.

What fun we had, just the 4 of us. Playing Uker, Wii and just talking about everything and anything was such a pleasure. We also worked on a new cushion set including pillows for Jill's front porch wicker set. Even Steve got into the sewing details..(small problem, I forgot to bring my sewing machine and although Shana gave me hers, we all forgot to get bobbins) It was way to late for a trip to Wal Mart so I did what I love to do best....sew by hand! Yes, and the cushions look great! Steve did pretty good on his hand sewing venture, I was proud!

It became time to leave Georgia for Ohio all the while knowing that the next time we would be together would be Thanksgiving. And I am already counting down the weeks till November...and guess what? It's already September.

No comments: