Saturday, September 12, 2009

What is today?

Well although today is September 12, 2009 I am only on the month of June in blog world time! So I will start w/June and hope to get to July tomorrow. If not, I will be posting September in November…aughhh, pressure on!

June saw me rarely. I mean rarely ! My sweetness of a husband asked me to do just 2 things for the upcoming VBS09. Just 2 things, I can do that. What are my job descriptions for this year of VBS dear? Decorations and Registration said the Minister of Children, my husband. I was in charge of decorating the whole church for VBS and then chair the registration ladies, who knew very well the ins and outs of this job…they didn’t need me! Decorations however took on a life of its own. Our theme was Museum @ 12627. Not in Night at the Museum, but a real museum.
I do have pics on these from my facebook, so I will post them. It was the best of times and the worst of times. I had some awesome help by 4 great teenage girls and one very talented mother.


The vision started in the entry area w/ Insects of South America which included spiders, large brown ants, stinger less bees, and silk caterpillars.


Walking into the huge area outside the worship area you found a Dinosaur hanging from the ceiling, dinosaur bones in a dig area of sand, a knight from Medieval times, an ancient Bible area, Egypt which included Pharaoh, pyramids, ancient jars/pottery and mummy in tact.

Down the preschool hall you traveled back in time to see a 6’ steam locomotive, airplane parts, a mini antique gas tank, etc.

On the far hallway you find yourself entering the art section of the museum. We had Monet, a Jr. Picasso, pop art and other famous artist of centuries past.

Every area of the museum was roped off, had docents and had information cards for your personal leisure. VBS ended up w/an average of 152+ in attendance and our total numbers for the week had us at 192 children enrolled.

For 3-5 wks my sweet husband put up w/frozen dinners or deli sandwiches (which we never eat) we had to have dessert so it consisted of Toaster Strudels.

I was also helping my mother in the month of June w/a civil law suit (furnace guy not the cable guy) Just doing all the paper trail and filing papers kept us busy for a few days.

This ends June in a nutshell… love nuts but I really love this ‘nutshell’ of a bible verse:
2 Timothy 1:7…For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. (HCS)

No comments: