Monday, August 11, 2008

Time in a bottle...

....the first thing that I 'd like to do...is to save everyday like a treasure and then again I would spend them w/you...Jim Crocce
That is what I told a friend today...well not these exact words and no I did not sing it to her....but I said "In this life God has given Steve & I to live out, there has been so many people that I miss so much. That if I could I would buy a huge house so everyone who has touched my life would be w/me forever. " There are those who have always encouraged me in my faith walk and there are those who ministered to me thru service. Some have been the best friend I really needed at that moment in time, they must of been an angel sent from heaven to mend my wounds.
On a dusty mid July. Country summer evening a weepin willow shard its lullaby and shared it’s secrets. But now and then I find myself thinking of the days. When we were walkin in the Alabama rain....Trisha Yearwood
It was mid July when we received a call from a church in Ohio. They had searched thru many resumes and picked Steve as their first choice to fly up for a weekend interview. Ohio really tickled Steve's ears....Lewis Center is a unincorporated city outside of Columbus. The church is 8 yrs old and has over 500 in attendance. They are fresh, eager to grow, eager to reach into their communities and make it a point to tell you that it is not about them but rather about the God of Creation. Abba Father! We went up on a Friday and voluntarily participated in their last night of VBS. The kids were amazing, they were so comfortable being around us. Their theme for VBS was Cars....and Friday night they advertised that car clubs could bring their cars to the church for others to see. Steve & I got to sit in a Lotus....OMGoodness! And I sat in a Lamborgini (spell) WOW! I love cars so natural I was googooing over them all.
He’s brought me here where things are clear and trials turned to gold He shared w/me his victory He won in days of old. O Lord forgve the times , I tried to read your mind. Cause you said if I be still, then I would hear your voice....Keith Green
After our visit w/these believers, we got quiet, we prayed for God to direct them in the decision they needed to make. When the phone call came, we then knew that our "trials were turning to gold" Of course turning trials to gold only happens when we see Jesus face to face, laying our crowns of gold at His feet. Wherever you are planted, you must choose to grow, will yourself to dig deep roots so you can receive the richest soil for best nurishment. Steve & I have grown here in Georgia. We have searched God for answers. And we finally realized that although we felt God calling us here 10 months ago, Steve is not the right fit that this church in Georgia wants. ('want' being the operative word)
Am I ready to lay down my life for a breathern and to take of up my cross.
Have I surrendered to the will of God, or am I still the boss?.....Bob Dylan

Before July, the question remained for a few months, did we miss God's calling to come to Georgia in the first place? The answer, after much prayer, is no! We were ready to do what was needed to work, serve and pray w/believers who want to make a difference. We are called as believers to step aside and allow God to take control! So in essence that is what we did in this situtation...we are allowing God to be the boss. Leaving our family here in Georgia will be hard but God said that in order to serve Him, we must forsake family for the cause. Our family is a close knit group of 9. (for the time being~smiling as I type) We are positive that our lives will stay connected, our love, support and enjoyment for each other will continue to be strong!
So all this said.....I guess I could end this journal entry with a final song lyric....
On the road again. Going places that I’ve never been. Seeing things that I make never see again. I can’t wait to get on the road again.....Willie Nelson

Joy for your day~

No comments: