Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Really good news and a laugh...


First of all the really good news is....ta-dah! After a endoscopy was done in July and meeting my doctor yesterday. I have the following: 2" Hiatial Hernia, terrible reflux and Barretts Esophagus. Now the first 2 are treatable-sigh! But the Barretts, although treatable is basically pre-cancerous cells...BUT (another sigh and praise) I have what is known as metaplasia esophagus...which means pre-pre cancerous cells. Further knowledge tells me that if you are to be diagnosed w/B.E. then you want it to be metaplasia!!!! (another long sigh and cheer toward heaven)

So I have given up drinking...cokes that is! (3 wks now)...watching my acid intake w/foods and takes Prilsec which is an acid pump blocker, twice daily. I do have to option of surgery to take care of the H.hernia but that will be discussed at a later date w/Steve. Right now I am thankful for the peace God has given me over hearing the inital news of Barretts 2 wks ago and trusting Him to call the shots! I am going to protect myself like it all depends on me BUT PRAY b/c it all depends on GOD! AMEN.

Now R U ready for a laugh???? At Walmart today, I found the perfect gift bag for our granddaughters 5th birthday gift...Ariel from The Little Mermaid! Then I found the perfect card for her. Don't you just love those music cards? Well, I saw Ariel and opened up the card...not realizing that it was a music card...and completely scared me and the lady I was standing beside!!! We both laughed our fool heads off!

And for a minute the laughter helped me forget that in exactally 10 days we will say goodbye to 3 granddaughters, 2 daughters and 2 sons! I wonder what that laughter made the lady I scared in WalMart forget??? Joy~

No comments: