Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My 2 girls...

...may I brag? Today I received a call from Jill saying that they were standing in the middle of Grand Central Station. She was so excited. Vacation plans are for her and her husband to tour NYC today and tomorrow then Friday they are going to one of the last games in Yankee Stadium before it is torn down.

Today's plan was to see the Rockerfeller Center, Empire State Building and a Broadway musical! Tomorrow is another tour day w/Ellis Island on their list. What show are you going to see? Phathom of the Opera! WOW Jill I am jealous! Mom, we need to have a daughter/mother weekend here someday! That would be great Jill!

So I am sitting here and receive a call from Shana (her family is vacationing on the coast) 'Mom, Jill has been calling me when every song is being sung in Phathom! It's hard to hear sometimes but I can hear most of it! It's great!" Of course, Shana has the DVD of Phathom and knows the score well! The neat part is Jill knows how much Shana loves Phathom, and is making a point to share that w/her sister.

After she called I just sat and reflected on these two awesome women that I got the privilege to raise.....They are always thinking of each other. Trust me, there were times when I wondered growing up if they would ever be close....but they are! That is a true blessing for me as their mother.

No comments: