Thursday, March 13, 2008

three short stories...

#1....I had made a CHOCOLATE SOUP for Valentine's Day for years now. This year I made enough to share with our children and their families. I transport the family soup dessert up to Shana and Billie's house when I was invited to Grandparent Day at Dance Class. (2 days before Valentine's Day) The girls were so excited to try it. I mean, there can't be anything better than soup that is CHOCOLATE~! right? Shana warms it up for for their after diner treat. The soup is a hit! UNTIL...... KK and LB can't sleep. They are literally bouncing off the walls at bedtime. Shana and Billie cannot figure out why they are not going to sleep. I mean, after all "the moon was shining in the window to bright," "my eyes will not shut." The Bed becomes a bouncy trampoline. You name it....till 1:00 AM.....finally shut down!!!!! Then it hits Shana in the morning...it was the soup. "Mom what do you have in this soup?" Heavy Cream, chocolate chips, 1 cup of milk.....and coffee syrup. OMgoodness, I was so sorry! I caffeined my granddaughters into a coffee high! AUGH!

#2....My friend from Hattiesburg, MS sent me a receipe for Cookie Pizza...so off I go to babysit the girls last week... fully equipped to craft, cook and "keep-em busy" with all sorts of fun stuff! We made the best cookie pizza...thanks Erin, it was great! We will have to make this again! Erin, if you come across any more fun receipes, send them my way.

#3......Our grands always know that DeeDee brings something to cook or craft with. Oh yeah, the craft for the weekend was paper mache. Sounds like messy fun, right? It was! EXCEPT for LB....about 5 minutes into dipping and stacking our flour paste on the forms, she says "DeeDee, my arms are burning." "Oh sweetie, the paste is just drying on your arm, it's ok." "DeeDee it's really burning." Then it hit me....this granddaughter has skin allergies (so to speak) so I washed a spot off and noticed a red splotch...I then hurry to wash her arms off and see lots of splotches which take 2 hrs to turn from splotches to a rash and back to normal again! Who would of thought flour, salt and water would make marks like this on her little arm?

No comments: