Monday, March 31, 2008

Living an Extraordinary Life...

....GALATIANS 2:20-21 "I no longer live but Christ lives in me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing." (my paraphrase..I do not null or excuse the grace of God b/c IF righteousness comes by the Law, then Christ died needlessly.)
......After reading these verses, I thought about my life and this is what I hope people say.....
*I was saved b/c of Christ and Christ alone
*I loved my Lord, my husband, my girls, my sons, my grands, and those who are unloving
*I gave to others and was a true friend
*I had joy and loved sharing w/others (Jesus 1st, Yourself last and Others in between)
*I was an encourager, a person for the underdog, a witness for Jesus
*I honored my parents
*I found joy in memoring making
*I tried to be a Psalm 1 person
*I loved the simple things of life
*I was always thinking about seeing Jesus

Living an extraordinary life in this age is not easy. Life comes at you full throttle. Take time to write your own list!!! I never want you to think that the I's which are written above have anything to do w/me...but they have been a part of my life b/c of Jesus Christ.

I talked last week of a storm we are going thru, well, let me introduce you to three individuals who are going thru their personal hurricanes:
First of all meet a young family who never thought they would be dealing with a Hurricane Katrina size storm, like they are right now. I cannot mention their names on a blog ,but trust me when I say, Satan is trying to destroy ever inch of their marriage. Pray they stick close together, search The Word together, and see God's ever sufficient love and wisdom that He is working in their lives right now! They are Christians who are being tested hard. Pray for strength.
Secondly meet Jason Weathers and Family who are watching God carry them thru the storm of cancer....and God is winning this battle as I type. Please be burdened in prayer for them.
Thirdly meet Holly and Grace. I do not know this mother and daughter but thru a friend. Holly and 4 yr old Grace was involved in an accident last week, a miracle they are still alive. Their trip to complete healing is a long road....Holly had her 3rd surgery today and Grace still not able to move her legs. Please lift them up to God as He hears all our cries.
If you want to visit their sites:
Jason....http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jasonweathers
Holly & Grace..http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/hollyandgracethrailkill

Thank you for praying! Joy!

No comments: