Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Once Upon a Time.....


Once upon a time there were 3 little visitors….as you can see. There was a big visitor who loved watching Franklin the Turtle and kissing on Sir. There was a medium size visitor who came in with an upset stomach from her weary travels and there was a tiny visitor who danced in front of the TV and loved reading Christian nursery rhymes with me.

Now the first visitor is 6 and she has been transformed into quite a well manner girl always using polite words. She wears the prettiest pair of purple glasses and sits quietly unlike the girl she was at age 5. Something happened to her between 5 and 6 years of age, something called ‘growing up.’ She tells me that she loves going to church because “It’s a place where I learn about Jesus and that helps me to do what is right.”

Our second visitor must have eaten way too much for her morning meal b/c she usually bounces into any room! Today she was somber and quiet, not the twinkle toes I remembered from last week. This second visitor although medium in size has a heart as big as Texas. She absolutely loves nail polish, lip gloss and gum! Every time we are together we must do an art project b/c art is her passion but gymnastics is her calling.

The third little visitor, yet only 2.7 yrs on this planet, is still quite small, but you never miss the way she tilts her head and scrunches up her shoulder as she flashes a huge smile. Her smile is contagious and can captivate you in an instant. She loves to dance and play “Shadow” w/the other two visitors. Her passions are left to the unknown as yet, but just give her 2 yrs and she will dazzle you and me.

As they left my place today for their continued adventures, you would never know that they were even here. Well, I did put away the books we read, put the “Ogletine” (Ovaltine) healthy chocolate mix back into the cupboard, dust the cracker crumbs off of my bed. Other than that you would never have known they had been in my presence!

I did not run them off for you see, they were on an adventure which took them to Alabama to play with other visitors their exact same ages…..I prayed for them as they left, to have a safe trip, that no one would get sick and that when they got to their destination they would continue being good visitors.

Do I miss them? You better believe it! Will I get to be in their presence soon? I am quite sure of it. So for now, this story does not end like The Three Little Bears. My cereal was not eaten, my furniture is not broken and it did not scare me to see someone in my bed and no one ran off into the woods!

But I am grateful that I do not have to work and was given the privilege to play with them today. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: