Sunday, November 4, 2007

A trip worth taking...PART 2

.....Sunday afternoon we drove from the park to great grandparents #3. It was so good to see Ho and Annie again. The first time I met Ho, he was 50 yrs old, the age of my husband now. 32 yrs and some health issues later has taken a toll on him but I love him more now than 32 yrs ago. It was wonderful seeing his eyes smile at these great grandchildren. My niece was also there to see us w/her 14 month old son! (who is a doll may I add) I was delighted to hold my great nephew in my arms. Of course anytime you are at Grandma Ogle's house she never lets you leave w/o a surprise and she had one for each of the girls. When KK opened up her gift (a Ohio State Cheerleading uniform) and then saw the candy and coloring book in the bottom of the sack she immediately hugs her and says "I think you are spoiling us!" (say that sentence out loud w/a gleeful vocal reflection b/c that what KK sounds like) Many pictures were taken w/Ho and his greats and less I forget his 2 oldest grandaughters! The mac and cheese was a hit for the girls and we left there full and happy! After this trip I think the girls can spot anything 'Buckeye' from 75 yds away!!! (they are use to Georgia Bulldogs Red)......
.....Sunday night was a real surprise for KK. See Great Aunt Beth managed to have one of their friends daughters come down for a visit w/KK. Becca (who has performed in The Nutcracker since she was 5) will be Claira in The Nutcracker this year. This 13 yr old took time out to inspire a 5 yr old who is just starting ballet. The Nutcracker is KK's favorite story so Becca brought her point shoes and her tutu. She also gave KK a poster of a ballerina on point walking 3 dogs in the park. KK was speechless!!! (and KK is never at a loss for words, like mother and grandmother before her) Finally she agreed to try on her tutu, looking into the large bay window, she saw her reflection and spun around! Taking one look at her great aunt, she fell into her arms, hugging her! I was standing at the right place to see her eyes, I am so grateful that I got to see those eyes. I will never forget them! She was welled up in tears, as if to say "Aunt Beth, you just gave me a million dollar and I will never be able to say thank you enough." It was if she was transposed into that ballerina/princess world that most little girls live in. I will never forget those eyes! WOW~ BUT THAT'S NOT ALL, Becca continued to pour out an offering. Would KK like to watch her practice the next night? The head started nodding hard and fast!...
.......Monday morning we got ready for the Pumpkin Farm. Grandma Poka Dot came w/us and we had a ball. I about twisted my back out of shape trying to get into position to take AA down a huge slide, but we made it down! (I'm not getting old, I'm not getting old) All 3 girls loved the Corn Box (instead of sand there was corn) AA loved feeding the goats and was not the least bit scared of them. Then there was the camels. AA liked then until one of them sneezed so loud her and I jumped....that did it, not interested anymore! We picked out our pumpkins, bought some pumpkin honey and left for lunch and a nap. After all, KK and LB had an appointment with Claira and The Nutcracker later in the evening. I went back into town to take my mom to lunch one more time and got more hugs! That evening I stayed home and put AA down for bed and when they all returned home, Becca's mom took them to the costume room to see all the outfits for the ballet. WOW times 2!! Thanks so much Becca!....Tomorrow we start our trip back to Georgia.....

No comments: