Sunday, November 4, 2007

A trip worth taking..PART 1

I love blogging so much but it has taken me awhile to finally sit down to add to this book called "My Life." So please allow me to pen some things that have been happening lately.

It seems like I have been traveling alot and really need to journal it to some extent. After the move to Georgia, just days after, I picked up our oldest daughter and her 3 girls for a trip to Ohio. We were excited and KK was noted saying that 'this is a girl trip, yeah, no boys." We laughed alot, sang alot and stopped the first night in Tn. Choosing to stay with Beth-n-Dennis....Thanks so much Beth for putting us up! Next morning we were on the road by 8:30 am and finally made it to our destination by 6pm that evening. (what usually takes 7 hrs to accomplish took us 10 b/c we were traveling w/children. Every few hours we would get out of the van , have a snack and 'get the wiggles out.' (starting w/our fingers and ending w/our toes) We took in the paintings of God while moving thru KY and Ohio. Autumn is a wonderful design! I am so glad God allowed us to see in COLOR! I noticed on the road that I had really good traveling grandchildren, just like our daughters. (of course a movie helped out a time or two)
We made it to Uncle Gene's and Aunt Beth's ...the girls were wired and the adults were tired but we managed to get them to bed and relax alittle. That was Thursday....
.....Friday came and we decided to take it easy for at least 12 hrs. So after lunch and a race between KK and LB to the 'back 40", we sat on the porch enjoying the fall view. Then KK got to experience driving for the first time, driving a lawn mower that is!! She loved the open spaces the back yard afforded and w/Uncle Gene sitting behind her, she was king of the road. (or yard)
Friday night both older girls wanted to sleep w/me at Great-Grandma's house, so off we go in our pj's and our flashlights, cross the 'back 40' again to grandma's. As we were sitting w/grandma, LB wanted to know what her name was. My MIL has a long last name so, I told her that they could call her Grandma Dorothy. My MIL spoke up and said "some people call me Dot!" LB looks into my eyes and said "like a poka dot?" I said "yes," and that was how Grandma Poka Dot got her name! I absolutely love it and so does Grandma Poka Dot!.....
........Saturday morning was spent getting ready for my neice's wedding. The girls behaved beautifully. My brothers oldest daughter was walking down the isle. I can remember changing her diapers! (I'm not getting old, I'm not getting old) The grands really loved the real live gold fish on the reception tables and the chocolate fountain for strawberries. Getting to see my sister and her family was great. (I'm not getting old, I'm not getting old) After the wedding mom took us to visit her close friend...Bob. Bob has a full grown, feathers fanned out stuffed turkey....the girls thought that was great stuff!.....
.....Sunday, mom had arranged us to meet at the park in town for lunch. We had a blast watching my brothers kids and my grandchildren playing together. Shana took some great pictures of them all in this natural setting and as I think back, the only person really missing was Dad. There use to be 5 in our family pictures but now there are only 4 and every time I see us together, I miss our dad!! He would of enjoyed watching those children play in the park, actually he would of been right out there in the midst of them playing too. We had told the girls that they were meeting their great grandparents that weekend...so KK was counting Grandma Poka Dot and Grandma Presley....then we told her that we were going to visit her other great grandparents (The Ogle's) well that confused her. "I have 3 great grandparents?" "Yes," said Shana, "you are blessed to have 3 who love you." It's been a long day already but dinner at Grandpa & Grandma Ogle's was next on our list of things to do that day.

No comments: