Sunday, November 4, 2007

A trip worth taking...PART 3 FINALE!

(Please start at Part 1 & read in sequence, I promise I am almost done)
.....Tuesday morning, it's raining it's pouring, the old man is snooring! All day it poured! We saw 3 accidents and was held up for one hour for just one accident alone. Again the 3 little girls 5,4,2 were great! We were planning a stop in TN again, this time at Stephanie & John's house...Thanks Steph for putting up some worn weary travelers! We finally pulled into the driveway at 6pm, w/warm pancakes to fill our bellies! The girls were a little frazzled by then and had to vent some frustrations out. I am sure Josh (age 4) has decided that he doesn't want to be around girls anytime soon. (sorry bud or I mean Spot!)....
.....Wednesday is D-day, Victory day, holi-day...whatever you want to call it! Shana & I were frazzled by then and could not wait to get home, she to her own bed and me to the couch for at least one more night! ah! We both missed our husbands alot and maybe our beds a little more!!!! (hahaha)

In retrospect, I am so glad God blessed us w/travel mercies, kept anyone from getting sick, gave us time w/our parents and grandparents, helped us to appreciate this world He created for us to enjoy, experienced a wedding and holding your nephew for the 1st time. In the age we live in, we are all so scattered across this beautiful country. What a privlege to move around it so freely! What a responsibility too! I noticed how I was allowed to see things I don't ever want to take for granted...autumn colors, my granddaughters eyes, my mother. I realize that I got to expound on things that I value most w/my granddaughters i.e. my God and my family. I got to laugh with my daughter so hard one time that both of us were crying...thanks Shana! I realized once again just how much I love my husband!! I got to love on my inlaws (you too Gene, thanks for all you do to help Grandma Poka Dot )appeciating who they are and what they stand for.

I am so blessed not with material things or a notable name. I am not highly intellegient nor stupid. But I do know who's I am and what He has given me. I never want to take any of it for granted. A trip worth taking-YOU BETCHA....a trip worth taking again....well, not anytime soon!!! (I'm not old I'm not old)

Joy

No comments: