Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sista's are sista's forever...


Allow me to introduce you...Brandy (sista on bottom) just moved to my part of the world last year...Jodi (my newest sista to the left) is a member at my church in MS.....Erin (sista on top of Brandy) is a dear friend/staff wife from Hattiesburg ....and then there's me.


Deeper Still w/Beth Moore was in Nashville so Brandy and I drove into town to have lunch w/ the sista's from Hattiesburg. Brandy made a great picnic lunch, fit for the 4 of us! We were going to eat at the plaza at LifeWay but the plaza was blocked for the weekend...so we went across the street to Union Station. I took them to the back side of the station where we found an old table and lots of gold plated chairs...we took Brandy's picnic blanket and had a private bistro in an alcove of Union Station. Erin brought gifts for us and the chicken/pasta salad, biscuits and water was refreshing...then we had chocolate!!!! (Thanks Brandy- you're the best) After lunch we got goofy w/our cameras....so much fun!! We said our goodbyes, and headed back to Franklin and Spring Hill.


Time w/friends is a valued treasure. My mother just called to tell me that her friend of many years has been hospitalized and we are fearful that she may not make it out. Cancer has quickly taken over her body. So today's lunch with dear friends was just made more special (was that sentence correct?) b/c of the phone call I just received.


Erin....you are a gift to me, Brandy.....you make me smile, Jodi....I love making new friends, thanks for being there for Erin. Mothers, friends, wives, confidants! That's what friends (or sista's) are for!

No comments: