Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Friends are like Good Coffee....




(above pics are from a weekend in Atlanta last spring)
Just wanted to write a few words about dear friends of ours. John, Stephanie, Justin and Josh. They started a 30 day trip back on August 30, 2007. It is hard to believe that it is about to come to an end.
Steph homeschools Justin (and does a great job if it I might add) and last fall they studied The Oregon Trail. John started a discussion about taking vacation out west and the trip-tick was born.
They are seeing this beautiful country by way of camping in national parks. The boys are earning Jr Ranger badges and having so much fun watching Ole Faithful, Mt Rushmore, slipping into the Pacific ocean..riding trolly cars in San Fran. The memories they have invested in with their children will never be erased. WOW~! what a schoolroom.
Steph if you are near internet and check me out...I miss ya friend! Even if our lives gets busy and time seems short throughout the week...I know I can always count on seeing your smiling face on Sunday. When you get back we have got to go for coffee and talk, oh, plan on at least 2-3 hrs...lots to catch up on.
Good friends are like good coffee, when the pot starts to get empty you just put on another pot!(or you pick up where you left off) Either way, a good friend is like good coffee, and I love coffee! Nothing fancy, just fresh and warm!
(Steph...remember my phone call from Dr Phil while we were out having coffee one night...hahaha! :) I am glad I got to share that with you.) BTW..it really was The Dr Phil Show.
Take care and get back safe!!!!

No comments: