Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lifting up Copeland

Dear Conor and Boothe,
Although we have never met and I was given this blog from a friend in MS...(I live in Spring Hill, TN) I feel my heart is beating along side your family. I know the power of a mighty God in times like these. Our first daughter was a stillborn but we found that she had no immunity system so it was best she leave us. Her life however short had purpose for it brought a young mother and father to the throne of Grace! Romans 10:13
For you, to know, hug, kiss and love Copeland may be only for a season, but her life has purpose! And b/c she has purpose, you can look at her w/joy. (as I know you do) Proverb 19:21 “Many are the plans in a man’s heart but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
Our baby girl would have been 30 yrs old this Christmas and I still cry over our loss. But she is perfectly loved with the Father. She was blessed b/c she did not have to endure life here on earth. She was blessed b/c she fulfilled her purpose and therefore was allowed to go straight to heavens doors. And to think it a shame that I just figured that out after 30 yrs. I really knew it all along but everytime you say it, it brings new meaning to God's plan. Does that make any sense? It does to me! Shortly after we ran to God, her father surrendered to the ministry and felt called into children's work. We continued living a life of service and FAITH - Romans 10:17, raising 2 more daughters. God later gave us 3 more daughters …in the form of grandchildren!
That pain.... that never goes away? Well, it does evidentually. But when you hear about someone else going thru the separation and pain as you are now. the pain rears it's head once again....my tears tonight are not of sadness for me but for you, that some young mother and father is passing into the same pain. I wish I could take it from you but God has chosen you and Conor to endure, run the race, and be the light, round off those sharp edges. You pick the words; any that the Lord gives you will fit. Proverbs 30:5 “Every word of God is flawless, He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.”
Continue to share what God has done. May you minister and encourage others b/c of this story. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 “Our weaknesses w/God can become our ministry.
You are doing well. God is being seen as your strength. God who loves Copeland even more than you ever could, also loves you thru this journey. 2Corinthians 4:7 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”

All my prayers to your family. Dee Dee
http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com/

No comments: