Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy ....

Today is Thursday, just a normal Thursday. I can’t believe it is the end of May 2007. My dad always told us kids that “as you get older, the days get faster.” Boy was he right. Shana and Billie will be celebrating their 7th anniversary next week. (They have been together 9 yrs total) As I think about their life together, I can’t help to be overjoyed with all God has given them. Of course, I am not EVEN counting the 3 adorable daughters they are responsible for. We have watched both of these adult children grow up, take on life and allow God to lead them all the way. That is really neat to watch.

Just 2 weeks ago on a Thursday, we were in Ft Worth preparing to watch Jill walk down the isle to receive her Masters degree. That was a joy also. Jill and Warren are now prepping to move into a staff position at a church much closer to home and getting ready to celebrate their first anniversary. YEAH! I finally have my sons.

18 days ago, we spent a wonderful time with old friends from NLR, Arkansas. In about 5 weeks we are going home to visit our mothers. That puts us into the middle of July! AUGH! Where does the time go?

I hope the lazy, hazy crazy days of summer find you and your family enjoying each other, helping a neighbor enjoying a BBQ and filling yourself w/joyful worship towards our Father. I hope that your desires will coincide with His desires for your life.

Max Lucado says it so well….
" You do something no one else does, in a manner no one else does it. And when your uniqueness meets God's purpose, both of you will rejoice ...forever."

Joy, Debi
John 15:11

No comments: